I've been on a muffin TEAR the last couple weeks. One batch will go and I'll quickly try a new combo to have some on hand. They're just so easy to grab and eat with a bit of almond butter on them or paired with some salt and peppered soft boiled eggs and coffee in the morning. Mmmm. So good. These muffins are simple, delicious and will GO QUICKLY. Plus, who doesn't love a good banana blueberry muffin?!
If you want to enjoy these for yourself - before the family inhales - I suggest making a double batch and HIDING them somewhere safe.
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
3/4 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp flax meal (grind flax seeds up)
1/2 cup goji berries (optional)
10 drops vanilla stevia (optional) 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup GF Oats
2 dashes sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup GF Flour (I use CloudNine Costco Blend)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Beat your eggs and mash your bananas.
3) Add in all ingredients except blueberries and almond milk.
4) Mix well and add almond milk.
5) Finally, fold in blueberries (do it last so it doesn't "stain" the muffins completely purple. Unless you don't care, then mix them in with the rest.)
6) Grease muffin tins with coconut oil
7) Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes (depending on your ovens heat).
8) Take out and let cool 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
9) Eat at least one with butter (or df butter) on it while it's warm.
*Makes 12 delicious muffins. I usually double the recipe. **You can omit the vanilla stevia if you want, they'll be sweet enough with the mashed bananas and maple syrup.