I don't know why the title of these muffins took me so long to come up with. I think a part of me always wants to put "gluten free", "dairy free", "soooo delicious" in the descriptions, put then they'd be too long and it would throw off the flow of the whole recipe section.
And that just wouldn't be okay.
And if you're reading this recipe, it's because YOU appreciate and are seeking out gluten free, dairy free and bullshit free deliciousness anyways, so well done, you!
Disclaimer: these muffins are DELISH, but they are also not as traditionally sweet as regular carrot muffins. So if you've got a sweet tooth, feel free to up the maple syrup content a little bit or even add 1/3 cup cane sugar to satisfy that sugar addiction.
1 Cup shredded carrots
2 eggs (or can let 3 Tbsp chia seeds sit in a bit of water to replace)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon 1 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp Flax meal (just blend flax in a small food processor)
1 cup GF flour (or use oats, ground in small food processor)
2 cups GF Rolled Oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 dates, chopped (optional)
Dash sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tins with coconut oil or use liners.
2) Beat eggs and grate carrots. Add together.
3) Add the rest of the wet ingredients (except almond milk) + mix.
4) Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and almond milk + mix well.
5) Dollop mixture into muffin tins and put in oven.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes and check with tooth pick.
7) Put on rack to cool 10 minutes before consuming
8) Slather them with almond butter or real butter fresh outta the oven and thank me in the morning.
I make a double batch and then eat two in the morning with almond buttaaa and hard boiled eggs with my coffee as a pre-workout snack!! Works like a charm and I'm convinced the muffins are helping my muscles, so there's that.
Happy Carrot muffining to you, my friend!!
Want to connect? Come hang out with me on Instagram! You can find me @mariebarkerwellness for the daily awesome!