Whenever the snow starts to fall, I start craving breads and stews and curries. But the number one thing I seem to dream about?? BANANA BREAD. Why? Because it's freaking delicious and comforting, is why.
A good banana bread can really make a snowy morning complete (especially when paired with a frothy collagen coffee. OMG YUM)
And because I'm your health-conscious friend who likes to eat vegetables and have my chocolate too, I created this dark chocolate banana zucchini bread recipe so we could enjoy the best of both worlds!
Life is short. And when we eat awesome food, it makes that short amount of time that much more enjoyable. As always, tag me on social if you make the recipe! I love connecting with you! @mariebarkerwellness
1 cup shredded zucchini (about two small/medium zucchinis)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup GF quick oats
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
dash sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp DF chocolate chips (I used MadeGood brand)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a glass dish with coconut oil
2) Add all wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in dry ingredients and add 1/2 cup chocolate chips last.
3) Transfer to baking dish and top with 1 Tbsp remaining chocolate chips.
4) Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
5) Remove from oven and *important* let cool for 40 minutes before slicing.
6) Enjoy as is! No joke, you don't even need butter, PB, etc. it's THAT good!