THE HOLIDAYS ARE UPON US!!!! Oh em geeee you guys! We are one month out from Christmas, officially, which means ALL THE MARIAH CAREY AND CHRISTMAS BAKING.
Oh, and Amazon-Priming... that's a verb now, right??
So a couple months ago, I was looking to create some kind of high fiber/high protein/low sugar/delish/nutritious snack (I'm so basic, right?...) to enjoy in the mornings with my collagen blended coffee. If you didn't catch my blog post outlining how I make my daily frothy coffee, you can find it here!
Anyways, I stumbled across a pinterest page that had all kinds of breakfast cookies, so I got inspired and got to makin' in the kitchen!
What came from that experiment is the following:
Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.
Perfect for morning, lunch, afternoon, after dinner, on the road, pre workout, post workout, you name it!
These little suckers are packed with good ingredients, contain no refined sugar, have a low glycemic index and are PERFECT for a little hit of energy when you need it most!!!
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 cups GF oats
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1 cup unsweetened long shredded coconut
4-5 chopped medjool dates
3 Tbsp natural nut/seed butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1 Tbsp hemp hearts
1 tsp flax meal (I just grind flax seeds in the food processor)
1) Add chia seeds to almond/coconut milk and let soak for a few minutes until gelled together.
2) Mash bananas in mixing bowl and add the other ingredients.
3) Add chia/milk mixture to the rest and fold together.
4) Form into 1 inch balls and place on lined cookie sheet.
5) Gently press a fork into the middle of the balls to form into cookies.
6) Bake for 20-24 minutes at 350.
7) Let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!!
- I make a double batch and have two each morning with my coffee for the week!
- These aren't very sweet, so if you want to add a little maple syrup or honey to your recipe, feel free!!
- You could totally sub shredded carrot for the coconut, and almonds for the pumpkin seeds if you wanted!! Go wild, it's your breakfast!
Are we friends on 'the gram'?? If not, we should be!! Feel free to connect with me @mariebarkerwellness.
Are you in on my weekly newsletters?? 2019 is going to be a very exciting time for everyone who is subscribed! Weekly recipes, affirmations, quotes, freebies and more! To do so, click here!!