Okay I'm going to start this off by disclaiming: these are really FREAKING good. Seriously. Chai? Pumpkin? Breakfast?
Those are three of my FAVE things!!
I created these as a BREAKFAST muffin so that it would be a quick, grab-and-go HEALTHY option to enjoy and be satisfied by.
So, yes, these muffins are DELISH, but they are NOT sweet. If you're looking for a sweeter version, you can easily add 1/4 cup coconut sugar or some chopped dates or raisins to suit your fancy!
Enough from me, on to the good stuff!!
3/4 cup pumpking puree
1/2 cup chai concentrate (I used Tazo brand)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp chia seeds*
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Dash sea salt
1 cup GF Flour (I used Bob's Redmill)
1 cup GF Oats (I used Bob's Redmill)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
*Stir the chia seeds in 2Tbsp of water and let sit a couple minutes until gelly. This is your egg replacer and an awesome source of fibre!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tins with coconut oil.
2) Mix the wet ingredients first, then add dry.
3) Optional: add your chopped dates or sugar if you want them sweeter.
4) Dollop muffin mixture into each spot and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon before putting in oven.
5) Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes!
6) Remove from tin and let cool on a rack
7) I like to slice them in half and enjoy with some Earth Balance butter or all natural peanut butter with my morning coffee!
I hope you enjoy!!
Currently in the works of putting up more than just muffin recipes!
For all suggestions and requests, contact me here!
Happy week, everyone!!