This recipe was inspired by a late night Pinterest search that yielded many interesting combinations, but none that I felt totally compelled to follow.
I ended up taking every vegetable out of the fridge, making up a random honey mustard-esque dressing and mixing the whopping 10lb salad all together for the days to come.
It was a smashing success and I've been enjoying it ALL WEEK, topped with organic fried eggs and cholula hot sauce.
This salad is the epitome of "follow your dreams". It's loaded, so I hope you're prepared for all the delicious nutritious goodness about to come your way.
2 1/2 Cups Shredded Carrot
1 1/2 Cups diced snap peas
1 orange bell pepper, chopped
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 can cooked chickpeas (I also added some fava beans)
1/2 cup goji berries 2 1/2 cups cooked (and cooled) quinoa
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
8 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Herbamere
1) Cook your quinoa according to package instructions, and then put in fridge to cool quickly. 2) Shred and chop up all your veggies
3) Open up and rinse your beans
4) Add ALL salad ingredients to big mixing bowl.
5) Blend all dressing ingredients in a small blender or food processor.
6) Add dressing and quinoa to veggie mixture and mix up.
7) Keep refrigerated and enjoy throughout the week!!
*Tip: this salad would also be delicious with a simple olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic type dressing
**Tip: this salad would also be delicious if you added other seeds, perhaps some feta or goat cheese, mandarin oranges, etc.
IT'S VERSATILE!! Play around!