I'm not usually inclined to bake things, because I've got more of a savoury pallet and let's be honest, in the summer months, getting that oven going can create an annoyingly hot house for hours afterwards.
BUT sometimes you just want to enjoy a deliciously fresh muffin with your morning coffee on the porch, and so VOILA! These sweet little treats were born!!
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp Fiber Fix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup oats
1 cup GF flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup almond milk
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup fresh Saskatoon berries
1) Mix all wet ingredients in bowl except fresh fruit.
2) Preheat oven to 350. Add in dry ingredients to bowl. Mix well.
3) Fold in berries, careful not to crush them.
4) Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and dollop mixture into each spot (will rise slightly).
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes and use tooth pick to test doneness. Enjoy with morning coffee or as a late afternoon snack!! Store in air tight container for up to a week! xo
nto each spot.
5) bake for 20-25 minutes and use a tooth pick to test doneness.