Whew! It's been awhile since I showed up on the old blog! I felt compelled to share a little wisdom since yo gurl just had her 28TH BIRTHDAY!!
Does this mean I'm in the big leagues and need to start acting like I know what I'm doing now??
I sure hope not because binge watching Game Of Thrones with homemade maple banana ice cream in my onesie has kind of become my new hobby... #isitjustme
In all truth though, 28 trips around the sun and I'm feeling better than I ever have in my life.
And I wanted to share with you 28 lessons I’ve learned in 28 years.
(Truthfully, most of these lessons I've finally realized and appreciated in the last 1-2 years)
1) Drinking enough water solves most minor health issues (1/2 your body weight in oz.)
2) Sleeping 7-8 hrs a night also solves most minor health issues. Go to bed by 10pm.
3) Taking 2-3 active rest days a week helps improve physical results.
4) Booze causes anxiety + inflammation.
5) Overwhelm is a mindset. Focus on one thing at a time.
6) Stop saying yes out of obligation.
7) When you judge others, you’re really just judging yourself.
8)) If you don’t have time to meditate every morning for 10 minutes, do it for 20.
9) Your social media feed is a reflection of your values. Adjust accordingly.
10) Work from a list. It simplifies everything.
11) Make your own salad dressings, whipped cream and dips. Pinterest.
12) Sugar is literally the devil. Cut it out.
13) You are responsible for your life, but only all of it.
14) It’s not the thing that happened that causes us suffering, only the story we tell ourselves about it that does.
15) When you love yourself fully, only then can you love and be loved fully.
16) Everything thats happened in your life has been for you. Thank it + grow from it.
17) Spend time each weekend tracking your spending + saving. Keep your receipts.
18) Asking for what you want + working for it is the surest way to get it.
19) TRUST THE PROCESS.
20) Appreciate everything all the time.
21) Unconditional love means you want what’s best for them, not only what’s best for you.
22) Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.
23) If you feel you need coffee, you may actually need more sleep, water and fruit.
24) Work out because you love yourself, not because you want to punish yourself.
25) Everything is figureoutable and also google-able.
26) Eat meals with other humans + get off your phone. Your digestion will improve.
27) Mean people are just hurt people. Their words have nothing to do with you + everything to do with how they see the world.
28) If you want more, give more. If you’re sad, go do something kind for someone else.
So there you have it! My 28 lessons in 28 years. I could have added many more, but I suppose I'll have to wait until next year!
I'm curious which ones stand out to you??
Feel free to post about it on your IG stories and tag me @mariebarkerwellness so I can see!
Until next time,
Chin up and smile wide my friend. You are totally worthy of an epic life and everything you need is already within you!