If you don't already, head to your Apple podcast app and 'subscribe' to the Live On Purpose podcast! If you're feeling loving, feel free to give it a 5 Star review and leave some support or honest feedback in the comments!
Oh my sweet lanta, I am SO EXCITED to share this conversation with you guys!!! When I went off of hormonal birth control 3 years ago, I STRUGGLED immensely with my health. Everything that had been masked by the hormones came to the surface and it also really became clear to me how much damage had been done by being on the pill for so many years (10. Yikes!)
These last 3 years, I have worked intimately with my Naturopathic Doctor and other holistic health practitioners to balance my hormones, heal my liver and most importantly EDUCATE myself on what is best for MY body and to truly become an advocate for my own health and needs. (Something I think we as women give away the power to or second guess ourselves on way too often).
Today, I got to sit down with Holistic Nutritionist and Hormone Expert, Gabby Borgerink, and we had a real and raw conversation on everything birth control, our post pill journeys and how to best support your body as a woman in this day and age!
In this episode, we talked about:
- Starting the hormonal birth control pill at age 15 and what the effects of that were
- Why Doctors are prescribing the pill STILL, even though so many women are experiencing issues from it.
- If hormonal birth control is safe and what methods are the best to use.
- How the pill can negatively impact your body, mind and MOOD.
- How the pill is closely linked to depression, anxiety and gut issues.
- What to eat when you’re coming off the pill to support your liver
- What supplements are best to take to support your body post pill
- How stress, prescription drugs and binge drinking affect the body
- Which foods to avoid in order to create homeostasis in the body.
Some of the resources we mentioned in this episode were:
- “Taking Charge of Your Fertility” by Tony Weschler (book)
- The Fertility Awareness Method
- Gabby’s “Coming Off The Pill” Course: https://www.gabbyborgerink.com/shop/2yrpkc8js88spm3n011020429b8gr1
- Supplements mentioned: B Complex, Magnesium Citrate, Zinc, Ox Bile, Digestive Bitters.
- Traditional Medicinals Dandelion Tea
- Coming soon: Marie’s Stress Less resources and mini course
I had SUCH a blast chatting with Gabby, and I cannot wait to bring on more, wonderful guests in the future for you guys to learn from!!
Do me a solid?? If this episode helped you in any way, would you mind going to your little purpose podcast app and leaving me a review and a 5 star rating?!
I’m on a mission to empower as many women as possible in their health, wealth and wellness through this free educational platform and spreading the word about the podcast is the best way I know how to get these important topics into more womens’ headphones and lives!
We can do better together.
Until next time,
PS - My FREE MASTERCLASS on de-stressing and building a rock solid morning routine is coming up in February!! AND my new course, "Stress Less + Learn To Meditate" is launching too! Want to stay in the loop? Grab your free Stress Less Journal here and I'll be in touch with details soon!